The Factory Awareness to Counter Trafficking (FACT) program offers a series of workshops for factory managers and workers to raise awareness about trafficking prevention in the supply chain,
organized by Pacific Links Foundation.
ABOUT PACIFIC LINKS FOUNDATION
Pacific Links Foundation ("Vòng Tay Thái Bình" in Vietnamese) (PALS) is a public charity that seeks to encourage sustainable development in Vietnamese communities through community building and knowledge transfer between professionals in Vietnam and in the developed world.
Founded in 2001, PALS consists of people from diverse backgrouns and ages who share a common interest in improving the lives of people in need in the Pacific Rim regions. PALS' network of volunteers has brought years of professional expertise and deep commitment to our philanthropic work to serve Vietnamese communities in Vietnam and in the United States.
A socially responsible supply chain
Human tra icking is a growing multi billion dollar business, enslaving 14+ million people in forced labor exploitation (ILO 2005, 2012). Factories, plantations, and other industrial zones are among the main recruitment locations used by tra ickers. Many workers are tra icked with the promise of better jobs or other false pretenses at great financial and human resource costs.
• Raise awareness and increase access to information about safe migration
• Raise awareness about human tra icking among employers and managers
• Work with employers towards good practice in labor recruiting and retention
• Specialized workshop for executives, managers and union leaders
• Specialized workshop for workers
• Factory-wide information booth sessions
• Ongoing sources of information and resources on human tra icking prevention
• Opportunities to actively support an on-the-ground organization preventing human tra icking
FACT’s vision is to become an information hub for factory workers
• To educate = to guide
• FACT provides a comprehensive guide to understanding and tackling human tra icking issues.
The brand vision is reflected in our logo concept “GUIDANCE”. The “F” (abbreviation for FACT)is characterised by a pointing-right arrow, which suggests “validated facts”. This is a visual element workers are used to, as factory procedures often go by diagrams and instructional symbols.