You are not travel alone until you experience 10 days silence meditation.Published on July 15th 2014
It has been almost 3 months since I return from the a 10 day Vipassana meditation course in Kuantan, Malaysia. It was a lonely trip full of companion. A kind of journey you would love to add in your bucket list.
Firstly, let's have a quick look at the course and Vipassana technique:
The course:1. This is a 10 days course, but you can leave the center at anytime.
2. There's no communication with the outside world (no phone, laptop, mp3 or writing material)
3. Noble silence is required and that means any form of conversation between students are not allowed (even eye contact!)
4. Everyday routine starts at 4am to 9.30pm with 8 to 10 hours of meditating.
5. Meals are simple vegetarian breakfast and lunch. There's tea time instead of dinner for new student.
6. Our meals are prepared by the kind hearted old students. I was so surprised to know there are people volunteered to spend their time and come here to serve other strangers.
7. The school runs purely by donation. Only those who could complete the course are allowed to donate after the 10th day.
FIY: I had no paper or pens for 10 days. After I left the center, I bought a pack of tissue and a pen at bus station. And I started to draw and keep drawing on the bus ride from Kuantan to Singapore. Drawing on a moving vehicle is not very pleasant trust me. Anyway, I managed to get all these illustration done!! Yay!!